Registration Information FOR THE 2018 SOUTH CAROLINA YOUTH LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE(s) will be posted as soon as possible.
* Registration for the first student is $75.00. Schools may send up to two additional students; the cost per student is $325.
**All schools registering before January 1, 2017 receive a 20% discount on all fees. (1 student - $60; 2 students - $320; 3 students - $580).
***If you wish to identify a student early and send his or her name to “save a spot”you may do so by simply sending an email to: email@example.com and indicating the student’s name and your school.
DEADLINE FOR FORMS and Payment IS march 31, 2018.
Checks should be made payable and sent to:
Community Foundation of the Lowcountry - SCYLC
P.O. Box 23019
Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
THE STUDENTS SPEAK!
- “Nothing like I expected. I honestly expected it to be boring, staid, and for all of us to be ecstatic to leave. Everyone I heard wished it wasn’t over.”
- “I absolutely loved it. I had a fantastic time and it was so much better than expected. A massive thank you to everyone who helped with this and planned it. Much love and I hope to see all of you soon.”
- “I never thought I would be honored to come to something like this! And the food was amazing!!!”
- “Everything was a lot more insightful and informative/helpful than I could imagine.”
- I really liked the team building exercises and thought that they really helped the participants bond together.”
- It was much more engaging than I expected, and the speakers spoke to us almost as peers or equals (with respect).”
- “I was shy and scared and thought that everyone was in the same state as I was. I was greatly surprised when I actually found that I could socialize and make good friends with both students and counselors.”
AND, FROM A STUDENT’S MOTHER:
When I spoke with my daughter Friday night she was one big run-on sentence. She went on and on about Maya and finally, after talking nonstop for about twenty minutes, she inhaled, exhaled, and said she had to go so she could start reading Maya’s book! She didn’t call yesterday, only a text stating she had so much to share with us and tell us but was with her friends and would have to share with us on Sunday. What you are doing is a tremendous blessing to many and will have ripple effects for years to come. I am confident that her experiences from this conference have helped equip her for success in her new endeavors. Thank you again.
This Year's keynote speakeR...Will be announced.
The South Carolina Youth Leadership Conference is a not-for-profit entity and the Community Foundation of the Lowcountry is a 501(c)3 organization.